Saturday, October 27, 2007

Superman Lecture

I really enjoyed the superman lecture because we go to hear from everyone involved, rather than just one person talking for all of class. This prevented my ADD from getting too out of control and it was so neat to understand how the pieces fit together for the musical. I never realized how many different aspects there were to plays. To have to coordinate lighting and choreography, music and costumes all at once is quite a feat. I must also say that I was glad that I got to listen to Gary lecture because I take voice lessons from him and work for him but I have never had the chance to sit in on one of his classes. My favorite part of the lecture/ talks about superman were the scene design talks, because I love the idea of trying to put a comic book like feel up on stage. I never got to see the show because I played in the pit, but the set looked pretty amazing.

No comments: