Wednesday, October 3, 2007

set design

The most important thing for me designing the set would be to have a clear pathway devoid of set pieces yet surrounded by them to signify the path that Antigone has been set by destiny. The other characters could use and interact with the other set pieces and cross antigones path, but never actually go down that specific path. I'm not sure whether I would want it straight up the center of the stage or diagonally across the stage. Either one would be affective.

Another important aspect of the play would have to be the costumes and how they interacted with the surroundings. I might have antigone stand out by dressing her in a different color than everyone else. Most importantly the costumes would be necessary to match the set since this is a newer version of the play and it was difficult to imagine the new setting in France since I had seen the original play a while back. Cigarettes would also be a significant prop if only because that is what made the era stand out to me as seperate from the original.

No comments: