Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Lighting

Out of all the aspects of a production, the lighting is probably the one that I know the least about. The lecture on lighting was very helpful in understanding not only its role but also how it is utilized. The beginning of the lecture was pretty straightforward talking about spotlights and the different amounts of light and shapes of light that could be used. What really caught my attention was the idea that since light isn't conciously noticed it is extremely important for mood and atmosphere. The color and intensity of the light and even the movement of the light all playing key roles had never occured to me. The lecture really showed me how complicated lighting is. I was also shocked to hear how many lights were used for the production of superman. All I know is I never want to do lighting for a production.

No comments: